Saturday, January 18, 2014

Healthy Eating

So I am really working on getting back to healthy eating after being on holiday for about a month and a half. Definitely didn't do well in the eating department and the scale showed it. At first, I was upset about the number on the scale. But then I realized that I already decided a couple months ago that I wasn't going to do that to myself. I've been very happy and enjoying life. Its not like I can't get back on track. So here I am trying to do a little better.

Tonight I tried a new recipe using sausage, kale and lentils. Its a recipe from Rachael Ray and you can go here to get the recipe. It tasted and smelled great. Instead of regular pork sausage that can tend to have more fat and calories, I opted to use turkey sausage. I added a whole 6 oz can of tomato paste instead of only a 1/4 cup. I also used an anaheim pepper instead of a chile pepper because I'm not a fan of real spicy stuff. My husband would have enjoyed it spicier but he liked it and I'm sure didn't even read the recipe so he doesn't really know the difference! It turned out great. So give it a try! You just may like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment